ATLANTA—The Beloved Community Awards (formerly The Salute to Greatness Awards Gala) is back in-person and is one of the marquee events of The King Center’s week-long holiday experience.
This year’s event, hosted by Malcolm Jamal Warner and Keisha Knight Pulliam, will feature musical performances by MAJOR, Deborah Cox, Goldford, and Angel Taylor. The ceremony will be held at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 14, 7:30 p.m., and will stream on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and on thekingcenter.org, on Monday, Jan. 16, 7 p.m.
The Beloved Community Awards recognizes national and international individuals and organizations that exemplify excellence in leadership, pursue social justice, and are committed to creating the Beloved Community. Afterglow will follow The Beloved Community Awards featuring DJ Frank Ski and multi-award-winning artist, Stephanie Mills, in concert.
The King Center is proud to honor:
- Salute to Greatness Corporate Social Impact honoree, Ariel Investments accepted by John Rogers Jr., Chairman and Co-CEO
- Salute to Greatness Humanitarian honoree, Yvon Chouinard, Founder of Patagonia
- Beloved Community Civic Leadership honoree, Melanie Campbell, President and CEO of The National Coalition on Black Civic Participation and National Convenor of The Black Women’s Roundtable
- Beloved Community Social Justice honoree, Shane Claiborne, activist, author, and co-founder of Red Letter Christians
- Coretta Scott King Soul of the Nation honoree, Aminata Toure, minister of Social Affairs, Youth, Family, Senior Citizens, Integration, and Equality of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- Yolanda D. King Higher Ground honoree, HollyRod Foundation, accepted by Rodney and Holly Robinson Peete
- Beloved Community Youth Influencer honoree, Panther Anti-Racist Union of Pennsylvania
- Beloved Community Technological Innovation honoree, Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO, Marshall Plan for Moms and Girls Who Code
- Christine King Farris “Legacy of Service in Education” honoree, Dolly Parton, longtime education advocate, and entertainer, who will be honored in absentia.
“I am excited to celebrate the impactful work that is taking place throughout our world. From honoring trailblazers across industries to educating our audiences on best practices in justice, equity, and peace; the Beloved Community Awards will be a night you won’t forget, as we continue to honor those committed to creating the Beloved Community,” said CEO Bernice A. King.
Tickets for the awards ceremony and Afterglow are $250 and $75 for Afterglow only. Visit thekingcenter.org./king-holiday-2023 for ticket purchases.