ROCKDALE COUNTY, GA—Rockdale County Public Schools (RCPS) will hold Open House nights during September, October and November 2023 for the 2024-2025 School Specialty and Choice programs.
Students and Families interested in applying for one of the programs are strongly encouraged to attend the Open House night.
The application window for School Specialty and Choice programs is Nov. 10 through Dec. 15, 2023. The application will be online at www.rockdaleschools.org/specialtyandchoice. Students may apply for specialty programs outside of their assigned neighborhood school zone.
Please note: Non-traditional programs such as Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology, Rockdale Career Academy, Rockdale Open Campus and Rockdale Virtual Campus are not included in this application process and have separate applications and deadlines.
Students should see a school counselor for more information about the non-traditional programs.
The RCPS School Specialty and Choice Program Open House dates are as follows:
- Memorial Middle School, STEM Academy for Environmental Studies (Grades 6-8), Sept. 28, 5 p.m.
- Gen. Ray Davis Middle School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts (Grades 6-8), Oct. 17, 5-6 p.m.
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology* (Grade 9), Oct 17, 5-8 p.m. by reservation as indicated in the Invitation to Apply letter; private school or home school students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rockdale County High School, Institute of Advanced Technology (Grade 9), Oct. 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Edwards Middle School, Pre-Medical Science (Grades 6-8), Nov. 1, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Conyers Middle School, Center for Technology and Engineering (Grades 6-8), Nov. 2, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Heritage High School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts (Grades 9-12), Nov. 2, 6 p.m. in the theater.
- Rockdale Career Academy* (Grades 9-12), Nov. 7, 4:30-5:30 p.m. 8thgrade tours, 5:30-7:30 p.m. general open house.
- Salem High School, International Entertainment and Business Leadership Academy, Nov. 8, 5:30 p.m.
*Non-traditional program with separate application and deadline.