Gwinnett County will open warming stations for residents to receive temporary, overnight relief from long-term exposure to expected frigid temperatures.
Beginning the week of Nov. 22, the warming stations will be available from 6 p.m. until 7 a.m. Residents who visit the sites can warm up, eat a meal and get some rest.
The County will announce the availability of the warming stations at GwinnettCounty.com. The locations are listed below:
- Best Friend Park Gym, 6224 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Norcross
(Bus route 35, stop 407 and 906)
- Buford Senior Center, 2755 Sawnee Avenue, Buford
(Bus route 101 I-985, stop 19)
- Centerville Senior Center, 3075 Bethany Church Road, Snellville
- Lawrenceville Senior Center, 225 Benson Street, Lawrenceville
(Bus route 40, stop 836 and 337)
- Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
(Bus route 10B, stop 542 and 108)
For more information on warming stations or to volunteer, call 770-822.8850 or emailOneStopHelp@GwinnettCounty.com.