DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond will host a virtual town hall meeting to discuss the details of the modifications to the county’s 2010 federal consent decree concerning the county’s sewer system.
Some of the modifications to the existing consent decree include:
- Increased oversight by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Georgia Environmental Protection Division and U.S. District Court.
- A deadline extension for completion of major repairs and upgrades of the sewer system.
- A civil penalty to be paid by the county.
Thurmond also will unveil DeKalb’s “Decade of Renewal,” a 10-year plan already underway to upgrade the county’s sewer system.
The virtual town hall meeting will be Monday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m., and can be accessed via:
- Comcast Cable Channel 23 in DeKalb County
Questions are being accepted now and during the town hall via:
- Email at email@example.com.
- Social media:
Questions also will be accepted during the town hall at 404-371-2400.