DECATUR, GA—DeKalb County Government is partnering with local faith leaders to distribute 5,000 free produce boxes, dozens of eggs and 10-pound bags of chicken hindquarters on Saturday, April 9, ahead of Easter.
“Our senior citizens on fixed incomes and working families are struggling to provide food for themselves and their families,” DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond said. “DeKalb County and our faith partners will continue to hold monthly food distributions to help relieve the burden of rising food prices.”
Beginning at 9 a.m., food distributions will be held at the following locations:
- Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30088
- Beulah Missionary Baptist Church, 2340 Clifton Springs Rd., Decatur, GA 30034
- Big Miller Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 3800 Big Miller Grove Way, Stonecrest, GA 30038
- The Covenant Church, 1700 Corey Blvd., Decatur, GA 30032
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, 6400 Woodrow Road, Stonecrest, GA 30038
- Plaza Fiesta, 4166 Buford Highway NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
- Saint Phillip AME, 240 Candler Rd. SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
- Shy Temple CME Church, 2030 Wesley Chapel Road, Decatur, GA 30035
The county is utilizing federal American Rescue Plan funds to purchase the produce and chicken.
Since May 2020, DeKalb County has distributed 68,100 boxes of food.