DECATUR, GA – Registered voters in DeKalb County looking to cast an absentee ballot for the Tuesday, May 24, primary election are encouraged to begin the process now by visiting www.dekalbvotes.com. The application is the first step in obtaining an absentee ballot and voters who plan to vote absentee are highly encouraged to apply right away.
An application for an absentee ballot can be submitted in several ways:
- Print and fill out the application online at www.dekalbvotes.com, sign the application, take a photo or scan and email to email@example.com. Remember to include ID information.
- Print out the application from www.dekalbvotes.com, fill it out, and hand deliver or mail to:
4380 Memorial Drive
Decatur, GA 30032
- Print out the application from www.dekalbvotes.com and fax it to:(404) 298-4038
Once DeKalb County receives an application, it takes an average of three days to process. Application status can be viewed by visiting the Georgia Secretary of State My Voter page here.
After receiving a ballot, voters have several options for casting their ballot:
- Return the completed ballot by mail, which must be receive by 7 p.m. on May 24 at the DeKalb County Voter Registration and elections Office.
- Put the completed ballot in a secure dropbox location by Friday, May 20, no by 7 p.m. Dropboxes are located inside select advance voting sites, accessible during operating hours only. A list can be viewed at www.dekalbvotes.com.
- After the close of early voting on May 20, voters can deliver their ballot by hand to the front desk of the DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur.
“Voting with an absentee ballot is an easy and secure way to vote,” said Keisha Smith, executive director of DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections. “It’s important for all voters to familiarize themselves with important dates and deadlines, if they plan on voting absentee this year.”
Voters who request an absentee ballot but decide to vote in person can do so at their registered polling place or any advance voting location. They will be asked to surrender their ballot if they are in possession of their ballot at the time of in-person voting or sign an affidavit if they are not in possession of their ballot at the time of in-person voting. Once an absentee ballot has been received and approved by DeKalb County, no other ballot will be issued.
Completed applications must be received by the DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections Office no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022, (7 p.m. in person and mail), and absentee ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on election day, Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Uniformed and Overseas Citizens (UOCAVA) ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday, May 24, and received no later than Friday, May 27, 5 p.m.