In celebration of Earth Day, on Sunday, April 22, the DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs will host volunteer projects throughout the county.
Participants can join in projects and activities at local parks, recreation centers and other natural areas, including: nature walks and exploration, gardening, trail repair, mulching, cleanup, planting, weeding, invasive species removal and much more.
Scheduled projects include:
Friday, April 13
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 19
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 3 – 4 p.m.
Friday, April 20
- Exchange Recreation Center and Rainbow Academy, 3 – 4 p.m.
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 5 – 6 p.m.
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 21
- Briarlake Forest Friends of the Park, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Hairston Friends of the Park, 9 a.m. – noon
Sunday, April 22
- Pendergrast Friends of the Park, 9 a.m. – noon
For more information, contact LaShanda Davis, Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs public relations specialist, at 404-371-3643.