In an effort to provide additional resources to aid in the COVID-19 response, the DeKalb County Board of Health will temporarily close the North DeKalb Health Center, located at 3807 Clairmont Rd. NE in Chamblee, at the close of business on Friday, April 3.
The North DeKalb Health Center joins the East DeKalb Health Center in temporary closure status, which began at those close of business on Friday, March 27. Like East DeKalb, staff will be shifted to other health centers and COVID-19 response functions.
Beginning Monday, April 6, the following services will be offered at specific locations only, from 8:15 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday:
Babies Can’t Wait, Children First and Children’s Medical Services:
Consultations with clients via telephone only.
- Dental Clinic:Only emergencies will be seen at the T.O. Vinson Health Center and will require calling in advance.
- Family Planning:No clinic appointments. Birth control will be called in to the pharmacy of your choice.
- High Risk Infant Clinic: Only available at the T.O. Vinson Health Center.
- Immunization Clinic: Available at the Clifton Springs and T.O. Vinson health centers.
- Pregnancy Care Management: Available at the Clifton Springs and T.O. Vinson health centers.
- Ryan White Clinic: Please call in advance before coming to the clinic.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Clinic: Available at the Clifton Springs and T.O. Vinson health centers.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic: Available at the T.O. Vinson Health Center.
- Vital Records: The office will be closed to the public. Birth and death certificates are available online at net/vital-records/.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Clinic: WIC Voucher pickup and recertification will be available via drive-thru only at the Tucker WIC office.
The Board of Health continues to maintain a COVID-19 call center; providing information related to risks, prevention, symptoms, isolation, community resources and testing. Since starting operations on March 24, the call center has fielded over 300 calls.
The call center is open from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and can be reached by calling (404) 294-3700, then select Option 1. To access all other Board of Health clinics, programs and services, please select Option 2.